Wednesday, 13 August 2014

(TRIGGER WARNING) A Battle - Still Fighting

  Yesterday the world payed and are still paying tributes to a great actor and comedian who sadly cut his life short because of Depression. Unfortunately Robin Williams took his own life, it was the only option he felt he had. I know what people are going to say. Why didn't he get help? What about his family? That he made a selfish decision. But how can you judge? Have you been in his shoes have you faced the battles he has? 
  Until you've been in the place he was you can't say anything. I suffer with depression. I've been fighting this battle since I was 14-15. I've suffered with depression I still do, I no longer take my anti-depressants. I feel like I don't need to but I still have daily struggles. I still have days where I feel I don't want to do anything, don't want to get up in the morning. 

Depression isn't something you can just get over. See I've self-harmed, I have cut myself to try and stop the emotional pain I'm feeling. I've tried to end my own life, I'm still here I failed. I was told I did it for attention. That made me feel lower than low. I did it because I felt there was no other way. 

So when you think of Robin Williams don't think of the way his life ended, think of all he achieved. Think of all the laughter and joy he gave you in your childhood. Be that as a alien, Peter Pan, A Scientist, Dr. Patch Adams or even Mrs. Doubtfire these films are what he lived for he lived to make people laugh. To bring joy to adults as well as children. We're lucky there are still 4 films we will see him in! So let his memories lives on in the characters we all love! 

R.I.P.  Robin Williams 




No comments:

Post a Comment