Monday, 8 December 2014

Breast Vs. Bottle - The Big Debate

Now I'm not here to tell you how to feed your baby that is up to you. I don't even care. As long as a baby is fed and looked after and is a happy baby, I really couldn't care less. I know breastfeeding isn't possible for some people and I'm not about to sit here and bang on about it and make them feel bad. I know there's many reasons people can't breastfeed for long or at all. I really don't care. I think as long as you look after your child it doesn't matter if they are breastfed or bottle-fed. I do care however that some breastfeeding mums get told to 'go feed their baby in a toilet' or get told to cover up. That's what I have an issue with.

 Last week in London a lady was told to cover up so she could feed her daughter discreetly. Now in my opinion putting a big cloth over yourself and your babies head causes more reaction than just bringing your baby up to you. We don't go out flashing our boobs out like these models but that's acceptable. Yes ok use a cover if it makes you feel comfortable. But no-one should be forced to. Would you cover a baby having its milk from a bottle? 
 
 Breastfeeding mothers are protected by the Equality Act 2010. Now like ive said before I don't care if you breastfeed or formula feed your baby. But if you breastfeed never feel like you need to cover up. You don't have to. 

Some boobie love from Seren

No comments:

Post a Comment