I got onto the ante-natal ward about midday, which was when H had to go because he'd been up all night at work and then come to mine for the scan. Then all the waiting for a bed that I found out once I was on the ward had been available since 2am that morning. How do I know that? The other ladies in the bay told me. When I got to the ward the staff were quite nice offered me something to eat which I refused as I wasn't hungry. I had to be fitted for stockings which as you can guess are lovely. Not! Well it's something that needed to be done especially as they was treating me for a suspected blood clot.
After about a hour on the ward a midwife came to tell me they'd booked the scan of my lungs for tomorrow and arranged transport as I had to go over the road to the QE for my scan. There wasn't much they could do that day really it was just obs and waiting. I was told I had to have clexane injections to thin my blood. I knew I should of cared but I really just didn't. I was too scared to care, to worried about my daughter even though nothing was wrong with her and just so upset. It's the first time in hospital I've had to stay on my own because all my admissions have been as a child so my mums always been with me.
Mum had to leave in the afternoon as she needed to come home because the dog had been left in the house without going for his walk even though he'd been for a walk in the morning and let out when mum had popped home to pick up some stuff for me while I was in ante-natal waiting for the bed to be available. I was sat there on my own and I was in good spirits. I just muddled through it and visiting time came and my mum,dad and H came and they brought me some more stuff from home and a few little snacks to eat. I loved seeing them and dad was just a clown like normal, that cheered me up. Until they left when visiting ended.. I've never felt so alone, I had the clexane injection and from the time they left at 8 until about 1am I just cried. I knew crying wasn't going to get me anywhere but I couldn't help it I was alone in hospital for the first time and it felt so scary. The midwife wasn't listening to the fact that the stockings were making my legs itchy and sore which just made me feel worse. I'd also been in pain with the right side of my chest all day but now at night it haut felt so much more. About 1am I had pain relief and I think the combination of pain relief and tiring myself out from crying just knocked me out that night.
No comments:
Post a Comment