So I left my scan feeling quite disheartened. I was staying at my boyfriends the week of my scan and as we go on I will mention my boyfriend who is my babys dad and I'm aware I've given him 2 names so far in my blog. His name is John, however I may refer to him as H (family nickname for him). Now I've cleared that up I can get on with my post.
I left my scan feeling quite disheartened but happy that I got to see my baby and know that her heartbeat was present. I spent that Monday at home with my mum till I went back to John's on the night time. Tuesday came and I was feeling a little bit better but what happened that morning I didn't expect. The hospital called me to say they had an appointment on Thursday I could have. So of course I said yes and then rang mum to tell her what they had said and would she come with me. I couldn't wait till Thursday came, but I kept myself busy.
I got up early on Thursday morning as we had to go and get my mum from home before we went to the hospital for my scan. When we got to the hospital I booked in and then we just had to wait, wait and wait. Now there's something about hospitals which means after a while my mum has to go out for some fresh air because they make her incredibly hot. Looking back on it now I know I should have sent John after her when they called me as they called me in while she was outside but I was torn I didn't know what to do. So I just went in. I handed over my notes again and then got asked why I was there for a scan because my baby won't have grown much. I didn't have an answer, I just looked bewildered. She said she'd scan me anyway and see if she could see anything so that's what she did. The pictures we got the baby were so clear. I regret not having my mum in there with me I really do even though there's nothing I can do to change it now. She was able to take all the measurements she needed and printed off the pictures we had paid for. It then meant I had to go for my bloods.
As I left the scan room I saw my mum sitting there in the waiting room but she said it was ok that she had missed me going in because she needed air. It was only after I found out she was disappointed that she'd missed it and it did really upset me. I went round to the clinic to have my bloods taken. I had to take a ticket and then go wait for the number to come up on the screen. H came with me when it was time for me to have my bloods. We found out I have deep veins which is why the community staff couldn't get blood. The nurse taking the blood didn't scratch me she jabbed me. After my bloods we left and my mum was happy to have her own copy of the scan.
No comments:
Post a Comment