Tuesday, 10 June 2014

12 Weeks - Part One

  So I've been for my 12 week scan and the troubles we had when I was there. I went with a full bladder as they tell you to. Typical community center though and were is the waiting room? Yep your correct... right outside the toilets. Midwives were in the room right next to me all they seemed to be doing was chatting away there was no-one else there except for me. 

  They called me in and started asking me questions. Asking me for forms. I was so confused and just had to tell them all the forms I had been given were inside my red plastic wallet that I'd been keeping my pregnancy notes in. They didn't seem impressed. It wasn't my fault. They weighed me and then asked me to take a seat back outside to wait for the sonographer that was at the clinic. My one question is why are midwives never on time? Is it a perk of there job? Do they like being late? Just wondered like as there either late or uncontactable. The sonographer called me, my mum and babys dad into the room she was going to perform the scan in and so off we went. She took my notes off me and I lay on this bed while she got the jelly and ultrasound probe ready. She started scanning me and kept clicking away, then all of a sudden with no warning she pressed the probe down with both hands into my lower stomach. OUCH! The only thing I could think and then while still pushing down hard she tried to snap some pictures and take the measurements she needed to. Now this is just me but I think that they should tell you if they think the problem could be your bladder being too full, but no not this one. She huffed and she puffed until she said she couldn't see anything clearly enough to do everything she needed to. Only then did she suggest doing the urine sample and emptying my bladder before trying again. 

   Off I went and did as she said then went back into the room and the same thing as before but she could see baby better and she pointed out my little monkeys heartbeat which was a huge relief to all of us. She still couldn't take any mesurements so she referred me to the hospital for 2 weeks later and sent me to have my bloods done. I went off with a scan of my baby round to have my bloods done to find that after 3 attempts they couldn't get blood either so when my scan date came through I had to also have my blood taken. 

  I left that appointment feeling a bit disheartened really because even though I left with a picture of my baby it was a blurred picture and I hadn't really got to see her.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment