On April 28th I had my 20 week scan at 22 weeks. I was so looking forward to seeing my princess again. Sat in the waiting area of the scan department there was this young lady who already had a child so was obviously her 2nd child. Well she had her mum and sister with her also. Anyway they got called in and her mum went with her while her sister went outside for a fag. Obviously time passes and I still hadn't been called in for my scan. Next thing I saw and heard were one the things I feared the most throughout my whole pregnancy. I saw this woman's mom and sister in tears. Then I turned away and her mum must've phoned someone in their family because I heard her say that her daughters baby had died in the womb.
After hearing that I was on edge the whole time I was waiting for someone to call my name. It felt like a complete lifetime. I know it must've only been half an hour more of waiting before they called me, just felt like forever. They called me into the scan room and I was still on edge. Even when the sonographer was putting the gel on my stomach until I saw her little heartbeat I couldn't be put at ease. Finally there we saw it her little heart beating. They asked if I knew the sex of my baby in case we saw her girly bits on the screen and I didn't want to know but I said we already knew and they confirmed for me she's a girly. Was lovely to see her again on the screen wiggling away and kicking out. We also saw her yawn and hiccup which was lovely. The sonographer even printed a face on view of my little girl.
I'll leave you with some pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment