Tuesday, 10 June 2014

The Booking Appointment

  All I had to do now was wait for the booking appointment with the midwife. I didn't have to wait that long really but it seemed like forever because she was on annual leave and then never got back to me for a week and when she finally called I was relieved because I had my scan booked for the following week. I was very nervous I wouldn't have notes in time and then the community centre would turn me away so I wouldn't be able to see my baby.

   The midwife was supposed to be at my house for my booking appointment at 10 in the morning. Now foolishly and stupidly thought she would be, especially after my mum said she'd stay as long as she needed to. All because I was nervous. I was worried the midwife would say something about my dog. Well 20 past 10 came and no-one had come. Which meant my mum had to leave for work and I was on my own. God my nerves we're making my brain trip. 

   I sat waiting with the tv on and as I got up to check out the window I saw a car pulling up with a women in a nurses uniform pulling up. So I thought yeah this is her. I went to the hallway door to open it so I could stand in the porch and re door wouldn't open. Crap. The door was working only half an hour ago. I panicked. I kept trying the door and it wouldn't work. The only option I had was the side door into the living room... 

  I went out to meet my midwife and explain the door wasn't working an she's have to come through the side door. I felt like such an idiot. Even though she had no problem with it, I can tell you I did. I sat there feeling like a right numpty. I don't even know what I was worried about. All that happened was the midwife asked me lots of questions about my family. About my baby's dad's family. Then just lots of information about when I will have appointments, what they will be for and information leaflets on all types of things. One thing that caught my eye was a leaflet from Anthony Nolan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment